[Dnsmasq-discuss] 2.80 dnspooq v3 problem

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Wed Mar 31 07:50:21 UTC 2021

Hi Sunil,

This is exactly the same issue I reported on thread [1]. Unfortunately
it haven't got merged separately, but it should be patched by
CVE-2021-3448 fix [2]. It happens only when you have rp_filter set to 1.
The root cause of this is the lookup_frec part change in commit
8f9bd615053cd [3], including the part added previously by commit [2].

Yes, these are uncovered bugs not found when testing dnspooq patches.
The root of the issue was there also before, but it stopped working only
after dnspooq patches. They are related.

Cheers,
Petr

1.
https://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2021q1/014789.html
2.
http://thekelleys.org.uk/gitweb/?p=dnsmasq.git;a=commit;h=74d4fcd756a85bc1823232ea74334f7ccfb9d5d2
3.
http://thekelleys.org.uk/gitweb/?p=dnsmasq.git;a=commit;h=8f9bd615053cd13aba82a111ec20bb79d25a2d1e

On 3/30/21 11:17 PM, Simon Kelley wrote:
> The only possibility I know is
>
> https://thekelleys.org.uk/gitweb/?p=dnsmasq.git;a=commit;h=04490bf622ac84891aad6f2dd2edf83725decdee
>

> Do you see the same problems with the 2.85rc releases?
I think this were fixed by 2.85rc1 release.