[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCPv6 only

Aaron Oneal aaron at spicypixel.com
Sat Apr 24 03:28:36 UTC 2021

Geert, thank you that is a creative solution. I wasn’t able to determine how to configure that so I determined a way to change my network topology instead to work around.

Simon, thank you for your assistance. Let me see if I can help track this down.

Dnsmasq is listening on 67:
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:67                                          0.0.0.0:*                                                       PID/dnsmasq

Nothing logged on startup in syslog other than:
Apr 23 20:13:14 dnsmasq-dhcp[PID]: no address range available for DHCP request via br0

ASUS router with this firmware:
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng

Dnsmasq version:
Dnsmasq version 2.84-42-g433dc70  Copyright (c) 2000-2021 Simon Kelley
Compile time options: IPv6 GNU-getopt no-RTC no-DBus no-UBus no-i18n no-IDN DHCP DHCPv6 no-Lua TFTP no-conntrack ipset no-auth cryptohash DNSSEC no-ID loop-detect no-inotify no-dumpfile

Line generating the error (rfc2131.c Line 345):
https://github.com/imp/dnsmasq/blob/master/src/rfc2131.c