[Dnsmasq-discuss] Wildcard / catch all Mail eXchanger (MX)

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Fri May 7 20:13:03 UTC 2021

Hi Mark,

I don't think there exists way to do what you requested using dnsmasq.

However, it might work to DNAT rule outgoing SMTP connections to your
smarthost, moving this decision from DNS to IP firewall/NAT. Could be
done only on some gateway of course.

But I think your users would not like such redirection, I think blocking
outgoing ports and requesting manual configuration from clients might be
more acceptable. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Petr