[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq ipset like support for nftables

GopiKrishna Kodali gkodali at zededa.com
Wed May 19 18:33:09 UTC 2021

2nd attempt. Any information on this is greatly appreciated.

From: GopiKrishna Kodali <gkodali at zededa.com>
Date: Friday, May 7, 2021 at 3:06 PM
To: dnsmasq-discuss at lists.thekelleys.org.uk <dnsmasq-discuss at lists.thekelleys.org.uk>
Subject: dnsmasq ipset like support for nftables
Hello,

We currently use iptables with ipsets and dnsmasq. Dnsmasq in our case is configured to populate the ipsets in kernel
during DNS resolution process. Iptables then use these populated ipsets.

We are looking to see if something similar can be done with nftables and dnsmasq. We understand the nftables does not support using external ipsets but has its own notion of sets. Does dnsmasq already support populating nftables sets or Is there a plan to implement such feature in dnsmasq?

Thanks
Gopi