[Dnsmasq-discuss] dhcp-host precedence request due multiple matches

wkitty42 at gmail.com wkitty42 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 17:27:53 UTC 2021

On 6/21/21 12:09 PM, Jesus M Diaz wrote:
> I never talked of VM on purpose, because they are not VM (hence, no hypervisor
> or any other controller plane).

but you did, sir... here's the quote from your original message...

On 6/21/21 3:05 AM, Jesus M Diaz wrote:> Not an answer, actually.

[...]
 > - *My point of view:   Each computer has a (dnsmasq) DNS entry, the entry gets
 > in DNS by DHCP of dnsmasq*. What a computer is? the physical instance or the
 > virtual one? the hardware or the software? [...]

your statement "or the virtual one" indicates virtual machines (aka VMs) in use...

with that said, i'm bowing out of the discussion... sorry for my intrusion and
attempt to clarify that "computer == device" where "device" means virtual
machine, phone, computer, or any similar device that needs an IP address for
digital comms...