[Dnsmasq-discuss] Query on Force-Renew support on dnsmasq

Gocool.. gokulmrt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 05:17:35 UTC 2021

Hi Team,

I am using the dnsmasq package of version "2.83" as a DHCP server.
Looking for the option for configuring the "DHCP-FORCERENEW" option in
dnsmasq.

When there is a change in the LAN network subnet, the DHCP server should
trigger FORCE-RENEW packets to all its connected clients. So, all the
clients immediately get IP in the new subnet configured.

Could you please let me know whether the FORCE-RENEW option is supported in
dnsmasq? If Yes, How can I achieve this? Please advise.

Thank you in advance,
Gokul