[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq v2.86?

Dominik dl6er at dl6er.de
Thu Aug 12 08:50:25 UTC 2021

Hey Andre,

On Wed, 2021-08-11 at 16:50 +0200, Andre Heider wrote:
> Continuing and breaking again about 30 times mostly yields line 319 as
> above (which is 'difftime(now, master->forwardtime) > FORWARD_TIME ||')
>
> A few times it hits 341 though ('while (forward->blocking_query)'):

Do you have a chance to run latest master code or are you bound to test
tags on your system?

I don't (yet) think there is a loop going nuts, could you add a
breakpoint to the call to forward_query() in receive_query() and check
if the function is just repeatedly called? And, if so, do it one
further level down in the backtrace (break in check_dns_listeners()
where receive_query() is called, etc.) so we can see where the issue
is.

When you got the right one, there should be no CPU core spinning as you
will always end up in the breakpoint immediately.

Best,
Dominik