[Dnsmasq-discuss] feature: dictionary order import of addn-hosts dirs?

john doe johndoe65534 at mail.com
Mon Aug 23 11:01:32 UTC 2021

On 8/23/2021 8:37 AM, Dominik wrote:
> On Sun, 2021-08-22 at 20:09 +0200, john doe wrote:
>> "dnsmasq: syntax check OK.
>> dnsmasq: bad option at line 11 of /etc/dnsmasq.d/dnsmasq.conf
>> bad option at line 11 of /etc/dnsmasq.d/dnsmasq.conf"
>>

>> Line 11: 'hostsfile=<PATH-OF-DIR>'
>
> hostsfile does not exist. Are you looking for dhcp-hostsfile ?

Actually the option I was looking for is 'addn-hosts'.

For a directory we have 'dhcp-optsdir', 'dhcp-hostsdir' and 'hostsdir'
but not for a file.

Thanks for the pointer.

P.S.

I'll assume that 'dhcp-hostsfile', 'dhcp-opsfile' and 'addn-hostsfile'
when used with a directory performe like their directories cunterpart
with the exception of 'inotify'.

--
John Doe