[Dnsmasq-discuss] Noob question

rrandom rrandom at dismail.de
Mon Aug 30 10:06:51 UTC 2021

Hello. In one of the dnsmasq filterlists I found that domains redirected to `#` like `address=/example.com/#`

But in man I read:

>The  special  server  address '#' means, "use the standard servers", so --server=/google.com/1.2.3.4 --server=/www.google.com/# will send queries for *.google.com to 1.2.3.4, except *www.google.com which will be forwarded as usual.

>will be forwarded as usual

Do I properly understand that `address=/example.com/#` does literally nothing? I want to block some websites but redirecting them to 0.0.0.0 is hosts-way and not so lightweight solution.