[Dnsmasq-discuss] Noob question

wkitty42 at gmail.com wkitty42 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 22:39:46 UTC 2021

On 8/30/21 6:00 PM, rrandom via Dnsmasq-discuss wrote:
> Thank you. Btw why dnsmasq redirects that connections but doesn't just drop
> them? Honestly, I don't know much about networking but simple dropping seems
> like easier for resources.
dropping connections is outside of dnsmasq's purview... dnsmasq only handles
looking up hosts and IPs in the dns (internet phone book) and issuing IPs if
acting as a DHCP server... you would not expect the telephone operator to just
hang up on you if you were trying to call a blocked number, would you? ;)