[Dnsmasq-discuss] What actually happens when dnsmasq is installed on a system running systemd (with systemd-resolved)?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Sep 28 19:28:46 UTC 2021

I run xubuntu version 21.04 on several systems.  Thus the default DNS
cache and configuring of /etc/resolv.conf is done by systemd and its
minions.

Does anyone here know what happens if/when I install dnsmasq?  Is the
installation process clever enough to reconfigure and/or turn off the
right things in systemd so that dnsmasq gets to do local DNS cacheing
and so on?

--
Chris Green