[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq compile error: rfc1035.c:978:56: error: 'struct dnsmasq_daemon' has no member named 'workspacename'

John Thomson lists at johnthomson.fastmail.com.au
Wed Sep 29 01:15:22 UTC 2021

Hi Simon,

On Tue, 28 Sep 2021, at 22:45, Simon Kelley wrote:
> This is a dnsmasq bug. I just pushed the fix to the git repo.

Thank you for the fast fix.

> Question. Is there a simple way to install libubus on Ubuntu or Debian?
> I have a script which tests a large m=number of plausible build-time
> config combinations, but it doesn't test UBUS because there's no libubus
> on my dev machine.

I found this old reference:
https://github.com/robbie-cao/note/blob/master/libubox-on-ubuntu.md

The OpenWrt package now uses -flto for LD and C FLAGS
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/master/package/system/ubus/Makefile

The following process build a libubus.so without install for me on a non-debian based distribution.
Let me know if you can build something for your test environment from this,
or if you would like me to try to demonstrate debian packages for libubox & libubus?

mkdir -p /tmp/openwrt
cd /tmp/openwrt

git clone https://git.openwrt.org/project/libubox.git
cd libubox
cmake . \
	-DBUILD_LUA=OFF \
	-DBUILD_EXAMPLES=OFF
make

cd /tmp/openwrt
git clone https://git.openwrt.org/project/ubus.git
cd ubus
LDFLAGS="-flto" CFLAGS="-flto" \
cmake . \
	-DBUILD_LUA=OFF \
	-DBUILD_EXAMPLES=OFF \
	-DCMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/openwrt/libubox \
	-DCMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=/tmp/openwrt
make

  John Thomson