[Dnsmasq-discuss] Bug while using address=//::

E encoding at riseup.net
Fri Oct 8 01:56:02 UTC 2021

Well well... I never thought you actually cared. This is just what I
needed! Thanks a lot!!

I couldn't wait for deb packaging so I tried it myself.

1. Install it over default dnsmasq
mkdir tmp1
cd tmp1
git clone http://thekelleys.org.uk/git/dnsmasq.git
make
make install
cd ~
rm -r tmp1/

2. Add 1 line to dnsmasq.conf
filter-AAAA

3. service dnsmasq restart

"
Job for dnsmasq.service failed because the control process exited with
error code.
See "systemctl status dnsmasq.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
"

"
bad option at line 24 of /etc/dnsmasq.conf
FAILED to start up
dnsmasq.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
"

# dnsmasq --version
Dnsmasq version 2.87test4-1-g37a70d3  Copyright (c) 2000-2021 Simon
Kelley
Compile time options: IPv6 GNU-getopt no-DBus no-UBus no-i18n no-IDN
DHCP DHCPv6 no-Lua TFTP no-conntrack ipset no-nftset auth no-cryptohash
no-DNSSEC loop-detect inotify dumpfile