[Dnsmasq-discuss] filter-AAAA is breaking dnsmasq

Neal P. Murphy neal.p.murphy at alum.wpi.edu
Mon Oct 11 06:13:51 UTC 2021

Good. The binary *claims* to support the options.

Try 'od -c /etc/dnsmasq.conf' to see if there are any 'alien' characters in the config file (like '\r' or formfeed, etc.)

And try 'dnsmasq --filter-AAAA' to see if it works from the command line. If this fails, dnsmasq is likely to be the source of the problem.

You might even try '--filter-aaa' and/or '--filter-a' to see if there's a case sensitivity problem.