[Dnsmasq-discuss] filter-AAAA is breaking dnsmasq

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 10:30:56 UTC 2021

Hi E,

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 02:53:40AM -0700, E wrote:
> > Advice: Go for a good walk
> > Then, at a healthy stress level,
>
> I _am_ fine. I just getting tired of unusable DNS service.

You're probably fine, but I have to note your behaviour is annoying.

> # whereis dnsmasq
> dnsmasq: /usr/sbin/dnsmasq /etc/dnsmasq.d /etc/dnsmasq.conf
> /usr/local/sbin/dnsmasq /usr/share/dnsmasq
> /usr/share/man/man8/dnsmasq.8.gz
>

> > Where is the results of renaming /usr/sbin/dnsmasq and using the service script afterward?
>
> I didn't rename anything.

So what exactly makes you think that when you start dnsmasq via
systemd unit file it's going to execute /usr/local/sbin/dnsmasq rather
than /usr/sbin/dnsmasq ? If you check the unit file you'll almost
certainly see it hardcoding the binary in /usr/sbin.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com