[Dnsmasq-discuss] filter-AAAA is breaking dnsmasq

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Mon Oct 11 11:21:44 UTC 2021

Please ensure path in dnsmasq.service points to installed path. It
usually points to /usr/sbin/dnsmasq, which should not be where dnsmasq
built from source should be installed.

systemctl cat dnsmasq | grep ^Exec

Use systemctl edit dnsmasq to change path.

On Debian, /etc/init.d/dnsmasq is used to start dnsmasq. At top of that
file,

DAEMON=/usr/sbin/dnsmasq uses full path to dnsmasq. I guess you would
need to change it to /usr/local/sbin/dnsmasq.

Please report outputs of these commands:

dnsmasq --version
which dnsmasq

Regards,

Petr