[Dnsmasq-discuss] How to Add max-ttl in DNSMASQ

OMair Siddiquii omairsiddiqui55 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 11 13:13:54 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am trying to add the max-ttl= parameter within the DNSMASQ config file but unfortunately when I'm starting the dnsmasq service it fails to start the dnsmasq process. I am following the document mention in the link below. I am using DNSMASQ version 2.48 "Dnsmasq version 2.48  Copyright (C) 2000-2009 Simon Kelley". I also tried version 2.85 but it didnt work either. I would really appreciate any help.

https://thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/docs/dnsmasq-man.html
Man page of DNSMASQ - thekelleys.org.uk<https://thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/docs/dnsmasq-man.html>
NAME dnsmasq - A lightweight DHCP and caching DNS server. SYNOPSIS dnsmasq [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION dnsmasq is a lightweight DNS, TFTP, PXE, router advertisement and DHCP server. It is intended to provide coupled DNS and DHCP service to a LAN.
thekelleys.org.uk
Thanks.
Regards,
Omair S.