[Dnsmasq-discuss] Bug while using address=//::

Dominik Derigs dl6er at dl6er.de
Mon Oct 11 17:39:07 UTC 2021

Hey Petr and Simon,

On Mon, 2021-10-11 at 12:59 +0200, Petr Menšík wrote:
> I cannot consider current implementation of filter-a and filter-
> aaaa useful.

I did not look into the code before and was naively assuming it
would be in fact per-domain and not kill-'em-all style.

And yes, I do agree it should be like --filter-a=/example.com/
Maybe this option could simply be syntactic sugar for

server=/example/#
address=/example.com/::

but with a real AAAA filter instead of forcing it to ::

Best,
Dominik