[Dnsmasq-discuss] truely filter AAAA

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Mon Oct 11 19:26:56 UTC 2021

Previous-Subject: Re: [Dnsmasq-discuss] Bug while using address=//::

On Fri, Oct 08, 2021 at 02:13:43PM +0200, Olaf Hering wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 07, Simon Kelley wrote:
>
> > --filter-A and --filter-AAAA options, these drop IPv4 and IPv6 ANSWERS,
>
> Did you consider an option to filter them per interface or server?
> Like server=/${dnsdomain}/${ip}/no-{A,AAAA}
>

> Olaf

Manual of dnsmasq, latest git pull, has:

       face>][@<source-ip>[#<port>]]
              Specify IP address of upstream servers  directly.  Setting
              this  flag  does not suppress reading of /etc/resolv.conf,
              use --no-resolv to  do  that.  If  one  or  more  optional
              domains  are  given,  that  server  is used only for those
              domains and they are  queried  only  using  the  specified
              server.  ...

New syntax could be

  face>][@<source-ip>[#<port>]]

when filtered dropping gets implement.

Regards
Geert Stappers
Another person not found of --filter-AAAA  (a.k.a.  kill 'm all)
--
Silence is hard to parse

Groeten
Geert Stappers