[Dnsmasq-discuss] How to provide DHCP for WiFi hotspot?

Alex Morris dnsmasq-discuss at alexmorris.co.uk
Mon Oct 11 21:59:01 UTC 2021

On Mon, 11 Oct 2021, at 21:22, Chris Green wrote:

> Do I just need to add a DHCP range line such as:-
>
>     dhcp-range=10.42.0.100,10.42.0.200
>
> to /etc/dnsmasq.conf to get IP addresses for systems that connect to
> the WiFi hotspot or is there more needed?

Depends what you want the clients to do.

If you just want the clients to have IP addresses and be able to talk to each other within the same subnet, then that should suffice.

If you want the clients to also be able to communicate with other networks, e.g. the Internet, then you may wish to consider also specifying options 3 and 6.

--
Alex