[Dnsmasq-discuss] How to Add max-ttl in DNSMASQ

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Wed Oct 13 20:32:20 UTC 2021

Hello Omair,

dnsmasq 2.48 in RHEL6 is quite old and does not contain support for
max-ttl. That was added in dnsmasq 2.53 and would be present in RHEL7 if
you can consider upgrade. Even that version is receiving only important
updates and is also rock-stable. I am afraid no supported parameter has
the same effect. Only local-ttl and neg-ttl are supported for adjusting
TTL in 2.48.

Other option would be building your own build of dnsmasq, where you
could build something more recent. RHEL6 would not receive any updates
except critical bugs and security issues, it won't change in the
distribution.

Best Regards,
Petr

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer
email: pemensik at redhat.com
PGP: DFCF908DB7C87E8E529925BC4931CA5B6C9FC5CB