[Dnsmasq-discuss] Missing DHCPNAKs

Luca Landi me at lucalandi.com
Thu Aug 11 20:46:45 BST 2005

Dan Shechter ha scritto:
> I'm encountering a scenario where DNSMASQ is receiving a DHCPREQUEST for
> renewal from A client which is "roaming" in from a previous network which
> is a network which DNSMASQ's configuration file has no pool for.
>
> There for DNSMASQ reports the error message from rfc2131.c:185:
> "no address range available for DHCP request..." and returns.
>
> Other wireless routers/access points are returning DHCPNAK messages in
> this situation.

Did you try -K option? excerpt from dnsmasq man page:

"Should  be  set  when dnsmasq is definatively the only DHCP server on a
network. It changes the behaviour from strict RFC compliance so  that  DHCP
requests on unknown  leases from unknown hosts are not ignored. This allows
new hosts to get a lease without a tedious timeout under all
circumstances."