[Dnsmasq-discuss] The same address on mulitple interface issue (yet again)...

John Gray gray at agora-net.com
Thu Sep 25 17:40:24 BST 2008

Simon Kelley wrote:
> Code-wise, it wouldn't, but the syntax and semantics of /etc/ethers are
> not defined by dnsmasq; it's a system file that's potentially used by
> other tools and I'm not at liberty to extend the format.
>
> It's very easy to move you host declarations into a dnsmasq-only
> configuration file, see dhcp-hostsfile in the dnsmasq man page.

Yes, I understand we can't change the format /etc/ethers, but we could
superimpose rules on the existing format.  Namely that you must define
multiple interfaces on adjacent lines if you want them to share the IP.

John

John Gray                           gray at agora-net.com
AgoraNet, Inc.                      (302) 224-2475
314 E. Main Street, Suite 1         (302) 224-2552 (fax)
Newark, De 19711                    http://www.agora-net.com