[Dnsmasq-discuss] Crashes with 2.16?

Simon Kelley simon@thekelleys.org.uk
Fri, 05 Nov 2004 22:47:07 +0000

Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> I've been running dnsmasq up to 2.15 on Debian Sarge serving our small
> company LAN without any troubles whatsoever. For kicks (err..testing
> purposes) I recently upgraded to 2.16-r2 and promptly got what I
> deserved: it has quietly crashed twice already, for no apparent reason
> and without any trace in the system logs. Since no DNS tends to impact
> office productivity I downgraded to 2.15 again for now. Has anybody else
> encountered random crashes with 2.16?
>
> Thanks
> Holger

There have been no other reports of problems, but that doesn't mean too
much. If you can stand risking another crash, a core dump would be
really useful to chase this down.

Quick instructions for getting that, please ask if you need more detail:

1) build from source with debugging symbols

apt-get source dnsmasq
cd dnsmasq-2.16
make CFLAGS=-g

2) allow core dumps