[Dnsmasq-discuss] Specifying a Gateway

Steve Elzinga steven_elzinga@yahoo.com
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 16:26:25 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am afraid that this is a totally rookie question but
I could not find the information.  How do I specify a
gateway address when running dnsmasq on a computer
that is not the gateway?  I have a linksys "router"
connected to my cable modem.  The Linux computer
running dnsmasq is connected to the router.  The are
other computers / network appliances connected to the
router as well.  Is there a way through dnsmasq to
transmit the gateway address?  My computers (and
network appliances) end up using the Linux computer as
the gateway since they receive their IP address from
the Linux computer.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve