[Dnsmasq-discuss] RE: two subnets on one interface

Richard richard@o-matrix.org
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 22:47:03 -1000

> Hi,
>
> I have somewhat special configuration. On the LAN interface, I have two
> subnets 10.1.1/24 and 192.168.1/24. In 10.1.1/24, the server only hands
> out IP address via static mac to ip mapping. In 192.168.1/24, it hands out
> IP to any host, but the default gateway is set to another host. What it
> achieves is that all static mapped hosts go out through the server. All
> other dhcp hosts go out through the other host. Just wonder if it is
> doable and how.

A follow up question, on the 10.1.1/24 subnet, how do I only allow static
mac to ip mapping. I add a bunch of dhcp-host and comment out dhcp-range.
Then the server won't even hand out dhcp to any mac.

Thanks,
Richard