[Dnsmasq-discuss] two subnets on one interface

Simon Kelley simon@thekelleys.org.uk
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 20:49:49 +0000

Richard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have somewhat special configuration. On the LAN interface, I have two
> subnets 10.1.1/24 and 192.168.1/24. In 10.1.1/24, the server only hands out
> IP address via static mac to ip mapping. In 192.168.1/24, it hands out IP to
> any host, but the default gateway is set to another host. What it achieves
> is that all static mapped hosts go out through the server. All other dhcp
> hosts go out through the other host. Just wonder if it is doable and how.

Not currently doable, I'm afraid. The code checks which interface a
packet arrives on and maps that to a subnet. It's not capable of dealing
with multiple valid subnets and choosing one based on the a static host
mapping later.

Cheers,

Simon