[Dnsmasq-discuss] Problem assigning static IP

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Thu Mar 23 11:28:04 GMT 2006

Mircea Bardac wrote:

> Would it be possible for dnsmasq to list some info/warnings on start about
> already leased IPs (or maybe list this information for the leases which are
> different in the config file)? I won't make this mistake again, but others
> might find this helpful (I think).

I've added a warning which is logged when dnsmasq rejects a configured
address because it's already in use. That should help in this sort of
case. Producing lists of all possible conflicts at startup is not so
easy, because a host can have multiple configured addresses, to be used
under different circumstances, and linked to the host by name or
client-id, rather than MAC address.