[Dnsmasq-discuss] Delete a DHCP entry (cached)

Davide Ferrari davide.ferrari at atrapalo.com
Wed Jan 24 10:44:15 GMT 2007

Hello

I'm using dnsmasq 2.31, how could I delete an entry appearing in dnsmasq.lease
that I know it's not used anymore?
because I'm in the situation where I have a range of N DHCP addresses, with
N+1 DCHP clients. I moved a client that was using DHCP to a static address
but it's IP still seems "locked", it appears in dnsmasq.lease and I cannot
get another client to obtain that IP (that now it's free).
I'm currently using ping as probe method, and 60% of the DHCP clients are
WinXP Sp2 with firewall blocking ICMP requests (as by default).

Any idea?

--
Davide Ferrari
System Administrator