[Dnsmasq-discuss] rarp functionality in dnsmasq?

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Fri Feb 9 18:55:40 GMT 2007

Simon (and everyone),

  I know you've previously answered this question to the negative[1], but I
was wondering if the situation might be different at all now that dnsmasq
has a tftp server built-in.  Might your arm possibly be twisted to add
rarp to dnsmasq?  I only ask because that's the only remaining outside
component needed to netboot SPARC systems.
  If not, I understand; you don't want to make dnsmasq bloatware (and I'm
honestly unaware of how much rarp would add to the binary).

  As always, thanks for the great work.  dnsmasq 2.37 will be part of
Fedora 7, and the mirrors should soon pick it up for Fedora Extras 5 and
6. :-)

      Jima

1. http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2005q1/000106.html