[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNSMasq, DHCP, Shorewall, and Proxy Arp

Steve H. steve at csquaredtech.com
Tue Feb 12 19:36:11 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 06 February 2008 01:21:20 pm Simon Kelley wrote:

> Note that in this scheme it's fine to have a more than one dhcp-host
> line associated with (eg) a MAC address, allowing a host to have a fixed
>   IP on each subnet which it might appear on. If dhcp-host lines trump
> everything, then this facility is lost.

I just wanted to say Thank-you - this clarified the logic for me.  Also, I
wanted to apologize if I appeared 'arguementative'.  It was not my intention.
I guess I just like to debate (loudly? :-)  )

And Thanks again for DNSMasq, it truly is a great tool :-)  In 5 years of
daily operation, its never given me a lick of trouble :-)

Steve