[Dnsmasq-discuss] The simplest setup to preserve IPs

Michal Sawicz michal at sawicz.net
Wed Apr 2 09:05:18 BST 2008

Dnia 01-04-2008, Tue o godzinie 19:58 +0100, Simon Kelley pisze:
> I think you are implying that your DHCP clients can turn up on more
> than
> one network: If so, don't use /etc/hosts at all, and do
>
> dhcp-host=somename,1.2.3.4
> dhcp-host=somename,10.20.30.40

On the contrary, I have only one network, but some of my machines have
two (wifi and wired) interfaces. I want them to get the same IP (if it's
free) every time, regardless of which interface they use to connect.

But yes, the solution with dhcp-host=... works fine, I just have one
minor issue - how can I create an alias for the hostname

--
Michal Sawicz <michal at sawicz.net>