[Dnsmasq-discuss] New to list and Question

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Wed Apr 23 09:39:14 BST 2008

Jorge Bastos wrote:
> Everything working as expected, but now I have one situation that I don't
> know if anyone already had.
> Since the machines in the network do NT auth against a w3k server, now that
> the dns server that I'm sending in the dhcp config isn't the DNS server from
> the w3k server it takes a lot of time to log in.
> I cannot add both dns servers because of the alias option.
> Is there any workaround?
>
> Jorge

I don't know exactly what DNS queries the windows machines are making,
but you can find out by switching on logging in dnsmasq,

Assuming all the queries are to a particular domain, you can forward
them to the w3k server with something line

server=/domain.that.windows.uses/<IP of w3k server>

Worth a try: if it works post the details back here, as this is
generally useful information.