[Dnsmasq-discuss] uh, domain concats unwanted...

AJ Weber aweber at comcast.net
Thu May 1 18:32:36 BST 2008

Yeah, it seems that opendns.com is messing with the resolution of that FQDN in the lookup, but that doesn't explain how it got to the upstream DNS server in the first-place.  With it explicitly listed in my addn-hosts file, it should never have been requested from them.

NOW, for whatever reason, my PC can't resolve anything when I add that addn-hosts file.  It doesn't even know the name of "broh" when it goes to lookup.  I've verified that nothing but "external" hosts/domains are in that file, etc.  Is there a limit to the size of a hosts file that dnsmasq can handle???  Are there any debugging params I should include in dig or nslookup to see where we're getting off-track?

Thanks again,
AJ