[Dnsmasq-discuss] Possible to set search in resolv.conf to more than one?

Alex Chekholko chekh at pcbi.upenn.edu
Wed May 21 17:58:49 BST 2008

On Wed, 21 May 2008 18:29:03 +0200
Michael Perkonigg <michael.perkonigg at liland.at> wrote:

> /dev/rob0 wrote:
> > On Tue May 20 2008 10:13:52 Michael Perkonigg wrote:
> >
> >> I wonder if it is possible to set the value of search in resolv.conf
> >> to more than one domain.
> >>

> > This is not a dnsmasq matter, it is handled by your system resolver
> > libraries. See resolver(5) or resolv.conf(5).
> >

> I meant if there is a way to tell the dhcp-config to tell the resolver
> to set two search domains.
> dhclient seems to set the search directive to the value of domain from
> the dnsmasq.conf file.

I thought you just put in your dnsmasq.conf:

dhcp-option=15,"XXX"

Where XXX is the string you want to appear in your /etc/resolv.conf after "search"

# cat /etc/resolv.conf
; generated by /sbin/dhclient-script
search XXX
nameserver x.x.x.x

So you should be able to make your XXX = "domain1.tld sub.domain2.tld whatever.tld"

Regards,
Alex