[Dnsmasq-discuss] Naming dual homed computers

gypsy gypsy at iswest.com
Sat Nov 8 08:24:28 GMT 2008

Rance Hall wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 9:44 AM, gypsy <gypsy at iswest.com> wrote:
> > I am looking for an RFC, HowTo or man page that answers the questions
> > herein.  If anyone can assist, please respond to the mailing list.
SNIP
>> and dnsmasq runs on one of the machines that has two nics one
>> internal, and one external, say larry.

Rance,

I am still digesting what you said.  Thanks for the input.  I take it
that there is no RFC/HowTo/man page?

The problem I'm having after attempting to employ your suggestions is
that the machines with only a LAN interface are working exactly as
expected, but the dual homed machines cannot resolve those LAN
workstations.  For example, 'ping mike' from moe looks for mike.my.tld
(asking dnsmasq on larry).  Of course, mike.my.tld does not exist.  All
machines have nameserver 192.168.1.1 (larry) in /etc/resolve.conf.

I'll continue to test different setups, but explanatory documentation
with examples would help an ignorant old man a lot...
--
gypsy