[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNSMASQ and configuring Win XP boxes to use a Proxy server

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Thu Feb 5 17:19:00 GMT 2009

Hallo, Simon,

Du meintest am 05.02.09:

>> But that happens with the above line and also without it - for what
>> is the option good?

> I'm confused, if you set "Automatic proxy" then Firefox should find
> the proxy via WPAD. Is that working?

Oh - I just see that "WPAD" is a special protocol. Not an arbitrary name
of a file.

The last years I have worked with "netscape.pac" - it's Java style, like
the *.js files for netscape and firefox.
It's the "Proxy Auto Config" protocol (is it a protocol?).

I'll have to read and work with WPAD some time.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut