[Dnsmasq-discuss] extension of configuration files

Rance Hall ranceh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 02:18:21 BST 2009

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 5:20 PM,
richardvoigt at gmail.com<richardvoigt at gmail.com> wrote:

> How about a compromise -- not a full wildcard syntax, but a
> user-controlled literal suffix match?  e.g.
>
> conf-dir-suffix=.conf
>
> Or you could let other programs do the heavy lifting and have a
> just-in-time config command whose output is processed.  Dangerous
> because it has to be run before forking as nobody, but very powerful:
>
> jit-config=/bin/sh -c "cat /etc/conf.d/dnsmasq/*.conf"

Just a couple of thoughts and I'll let Simon finish digesting this thread.

I have an objection to the apache multiple includes approach.

I think that the only way to make room for this is to rip out the
current behavior of accommodating for the various emacs patterns Simon
mentioned earlier in the thread to make room for this.

I question the need for the apache include approach since apache will
let you specify more than one include statement.

Dnsmasq has few enough options that a single directory with multiple
files is really sufficient.

the conf-dir-suffix idea really seems to be the most flexible, and the
easiest to add in the current mix.