[Dnsmasq-discuss] Hooking up dnsmasq with the Samba 4 AD

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Tue Jan 12 06:02:43 GMT 2010

Hi folks,

in order to be a fully functional Active Directory domain controller, Samba 4
needs to make sure a couple of specific ressource records exist in DNS.
Currently we require that our users fix up their DNS manually. While trying
to make this more comfortable, one of the ways to do this would be to add an
Active Directory backend to a DNS server. I was wondering if there was any
possibility in getting a backend like this merged into the official dnsmasq
source.

Cheers,
Kai
--