[Dnsmasq-discuss] Single-file config

Jan Psota jasiu at kkfsa.pl
Mon Jul 5 23:40:58 BST 2010

> Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk> writes:
>
> > It would be possible to add something like
> >
> > dns-host=<IP>,<name>[,<name]
> >
> > which would be semantically exactly the same as a line in /etc/hosts.

What about single option to turn on serving names for all hosts
specified in dhcp-host lines (files) even though the didn't ask for
an address yet (are turned off for example)?

"static-ip-dns" or "static-dhcp-dns"?

I use a script to keep /etc/hosts in sync with
(dhcp-hostsfile=)/etc/dnsmasq.hosts because I want to be able to
ping/nmap any statically DHCPed machine.

It should be even simpler and more elegant way :-)

--
jasiu