[Dnsmasq-discuss] dhcp-broadcast

Tyler Reese tyler.reese at taqua.com
Tue Sep 21 14:51:29 BST 2010

I tried this, but it made no difference.  Should it matter if a dnsmasq configuration option is in dnsmasq.conf or another file?

When I run 'dnsmasq --dhcp-broadcast' from the command line, it works as expected (unconditionally set the broadcast flag, which is what I need).
I also see this line in the log file:
Sep 20 16:59:44 adminportal dnsmasq-dhcp[25074]: 0 broadcast response
No matter how I try to set the option in the configuration file, I don't get a broadcast response.
I don't know the correct syntax for using this option in a configuration file (dnsmasq.conf or any other specified file).