[Dnsmasq-discuss] Gateway ip address

John King III waldo120 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 08:46:35 GMT 2010

Hi, I've just setup this program on my Synology server thanks to Robert who
has packaged it for the Synology. Everything is working just fine, but I was
hoping to be able to specify my gateway.

A search through the config file (and its thorough comments) for gateway
didn't bring up anything and I didn't find it when reading through it to
familirize myself with the options.

Right now it's using my Synology server's ip address for the DNS and DHCP
server, which is good and expected, but I would think using my Synology
server as the gateway to be pointless. I guess this utility is meant to be
installed on a server that's acting as a firewall?

Maybe there is even a way for it to, by default, use the gateway specified
in the Synolgies ip address setup.