[Dnsmasq-discuss] Gateway ip address

SamLT samuel.lethiec at intelunix.fr
Thu Dec 9 09:30:27 GMT 2010

On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 12:46:35AM -0800, John King III wrote:
> Hi, I've just setup this program on my Synology server thanks to Robert who
> has packaged it for the Synology. Everything is working just fine, but I was
> hoping to be able to specify my gateway.
>
> A search through the config file (and its thorough comments) for gateway
> didn't bring up anything and I didn't find it when reading through it to
> familirize myself with the options.

If I understood correctly, I think you're looking for a dhcp-option:

(from the default config file)
# Override the default route supplied by dnsmasq, which assumes the
# router is the same machine as the one running dnsmasq.
#dhcp-option=3,1.2.3.4

# Do the same thing, but using the option name
#dhcp-option=option:router,1.2.3.4