[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq + nat

andu novac novac.andu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 16:07:12 GMT 2011

I'm trying to share an internet connection (pppoe) from one computer
to another via wifi (wlan0). I had this working fine before I upgraded
fron 32 to 64 bit Debian. The problem is that the computer on the wifi
network (the client) can reach some addresses (Google, Yahoo) but not
others where it hangs forever (Facebook). This setup I'm using is a
solution I found on the internet.

The relevant options in dnsmasq.conf are:
domain-needed
bogus-priv
interface=wlan0
dhcp-range=10.11.5.1,10.11.5.5,12h

and the script used to get everything working just configures wlan0
for ad-hoc mode and
/etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.