[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNSMASQ as DNS Filter

Daniel Antonio souliaq at gmail.com
Mon May 30 00:56:45 BST 2011

I have this questions about of "dnsmasq.conf" in this "section":

# Add domains which you want to force to an IP address here.
# The example below send any host in doubleclick.net to a local
# webserver.
address=/*porn*/127.0.0.1
address=/*ads*/127.0.0.1

In this case I try to apply wildcards, this don't work, is possible apply
wildcards for this?, my intention is use DNSMAQS like a local dnsfilter (I
can't use OpenDNS).
And if this is possible, I can make a list of exceptions?, for example:

address=/*ads*/127.0.0.1
exception=downloads.sourceforge.net

The thing is I am using in this moment Simple DNS (Windows) for this task,
your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.