[Dnsmasq-discuss] only static hosts and add dhcp-rangefile

Christof Bruyland christof.bruyland at telenet.be
Fri Jun 17 10:31:27 BST 2011

Hi,

I'm started using DNSMasq as our DHCP and TFTP Server for our PXE environment.
We only use the DHCP Server with static IP mappings, relayed through a DHCP relay agent.
I've added following in the configuration file:

dhcp-range=10.0.25.0,10.0.25.0,255.255.255.0
[...]
dhcp-host=02:01:0A:00:19:14,hbds1020,10.0.25.20
[...]

This is working as expected, but is it possible to shorten the dhcp-range, because I don't want to use dynamic IP assignments.
In the manpage I've read that I can use a dhcp-hostfile, that doesn't require to restart the daemon.
Can this be implemented for dhcp-rangefile as well? Or does this already exist?

Christof