[Dnsmasq-discuss] git/svn/cvs? dnscrypt support?

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Tue Dec 13 09:53:09 GMT 2011

On 08/12/11 15:48, Jason wrote:
> Simon,
>
> I found this [1] comment from 2010 regarding source control.  Have you
> considered migrating to one?  I only ask because I'm partial to git (I
> use it all day, every day ;-) ), and I'd like to submit a patch.

Please do. I'm in the process of updating the OS and hardware for
thekelleys.org.uk and once I've moved nearly a decade of accumulated
configuration and tweaking onto a current OS version and made it live,
I'll be in a position to do stuff like making git access available. I'm
planning on doing the cut-over during the Christmas holidays, so it's
not far off.

> I saw this announcement [2] crop up, with code here [3] and I was
> wondering about adding the feature directly into dnsmasq.  Obviously,
> opendns is the first to implement it, but hopefully others will roll it
> out as well.
>
> The licensing seems very favorable (basically, MIT/BSD).
>
> It would be nice if they made a library dnsmasq could link against...

My gut feeling is to wait and see if it rolls out more generally.
There's no barrier to using dnsmasq with the proxy except convenience of
configuration, and if it takes off, integration into dnsmasq would be
good. If it doesn't, it's not good to have committed to extra code which
needs supporting for a long time.