[Dnsmasq-discuss] PXE options - Multiple TFTP server

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Thu Jan 26 14:47:50 GMT 2012

On 25/01/12 23:06, Cristiano Cumer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have seen that it's possible to specify multiple tftp server by configuring the dhcp-boot parameter like
>
> dhcp-boot=/pxeinstall.0,tftpserver,tftpserver
>
> as explained in the thread:
>
> - Enable dnsmasq to return addresses of multiple tftp servers in cycle.

Actually, that's no how it works: you give a single tftpserver _name_ in
tftpboot, and associate many IP addresses with that name in /etc/hosts

> I would need a similar configuration for the pxe-service parameter as I have to use a windows dhcp. I have tried to specify pxe-service like
>
> pxe-service=tag:build,x86PC,"ict-Deployment",ict-deploy/amd64/pxelinux, tftpserver,tftpserver
>
> but I always get a error when I try to start the service. It's an error in my configuration or is this feature not implemented for the pxe-service parameter?

It's no implemented, sorry, the tftpserver in pxe-service must always be
a single IP  address.

I can't think of a good reason why a future version of dnsmasq shouldn't
support this, but it doesn't at the moment.