[Dnsmasq-discuss] IPV6 preference

Ray Klassen rayklassen at gmail.com
Wed May 8 13:43:01 BST 2013

Is there a way of configuring dnsmasq to always return an ipv6 address
on a DNS request if there are both ipv4 and ipv6 available? I've got
an an ipv6 tunnel that, for certain sites, I'd like all traffic to be
directed to. Problem is (i think) that DNS is round robining addresses
and sometimes returns an ipv4 address which routes traffic away from
the tunnel. I suppose I could force this using a hosts file, but the
addresses for that site are pretty dynamic or so I'm given to
understand.