[Dnsmasq-discuss] AAAA record for self with dynamically delegated prefix?

Jordan Webb coldguy at me.com
Thu May 16 18:22:27 BST 2013

My provider (Comcast) offers native IPv6 and prefix delegations. I backported a few packages from OpenWRT trunk to stable, added this to the dnsmasq.conf that is being generated:

dhcp-range=::1,constructor:br-lan,slaac,ra-names,64

…and ta-da, everything works great. All my machines have v6 addresses in the prefix now, I can visit ipv6.google.com from my LAN, and thanks to ra-names, dnsmasq even serves up AAAA records for all the machines on my network.

Except for one.

I can't figure out how to get dnsmasq to serve up an AAAA record for its own IPv6 address on the LAN, that is to say, to have "router.lan" resolve to the ::1 of the dynamically delegated prefix that dnsmasq picked up off br-lan. Is it possible?

--
Jordan